In a virtual world wide web, where we are almost drowned in overflowing information clutters, what is the cloak-and-dagger able to drive your blog to stand out and scream: “Choose me, read me, I’m different!”
The answer comes in a form of 4 simple words: The right write attitude!
Attitudes are generally positive or negative views of a person, place, thing, or event. They could be in the form of extremities or just mellow reactions.
Whatever your attitude may be, one thing is certain: how you feel about what you’re blogging about, both affects and reflects, how intriguing the overall blog is.
Through my extensive research, I have noticed that the best tips I could gather for bloggers on the right write attitudes are:
- Engage into real conversation with your visitors, by giving up sounding neutral, diplomatic or bland and forming honest and bold opinions.
- Stop being anonymous and develop a sincere virtual persona.
- Reveal your attitude in relevant titles to express what you feel and capture attention
- Get to the the audience of one! Small groups are forming around common interests, aims, jobs, politics, hobbies, or obsessions, therefore you need to better know the communities you are blogging to on a more personal level to be able to better know which attitude will most suit them.
- Personalize your overall approach! It’s never enough to have an attitude if it does not flow gently throughout your blog from how you greet your visitors to how you follow up on their comments and their personal blogs.
- Remember that your blogging style reflects your attitude toward your readers; it implies a true desire for a two-way beneficial relationship.
- If you want to amuse your audience, go beyond the norms and get into intricate details just as webzine has been able to do through its attitude.
- Support your arguments with related links and relevant facts to give your attitude more reliability thus creating more interest and generating more responses!
- Blog with passion! Whatever you are writing, write it with PASSION! Whether you feel outraged or extremely happy about what you’re blogging about, show it!
- Don’t rely on words only to reveal your attitude, use visual appeal! Videos, images and graphs that are either informative, fun, annoying or all at the same time in order to help you deliver your attitude in a more subtle and more gentle manner to grasp.
So when you’re blogging, use the right write attitude to show your visitors that you will not waste their time, you will remember them, exceed their expectations and make them feel special and needed.
And remember: “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”- Charles Swindoll.
Looking forward to your opinions and constructive criticisms :)