Are Twitter users all the same to us or do we have different types of Twitter followers, regardless of their numbers and reasons for being on Twitter? What are the main types of Twitter users and what are their distinctive characteristics?
I am confident that throughout each of our offline daily experiences, we sometimes find ourselves categorizing people into different groups in order to determine how to better deal with them or not deal with them at all for that matter! When it comes to friends, different people have various categorizations of their friends depending on their personalities, behaviors, closeness, actions and common interests, this highly applies to our virtual online experiences, namely in Twitterverse.
I personally enjoy Twitter and the different personalities I encounter every day through tweets and mentions, which is the main basis for the idea behind this post!
Types of Twitter Users (organized from not annoying to very annoying!):
15. The Do-Gooders: Tweeples who put so much effort to provide their followers with valuable information, tips and advice through sharing content and links they find and retweeting valuable tweets.
14. The Dreamers: Those are the tweeples who tweet too many motivational words and optimistic ideas to their followers on a daily basis. These tweeps make you feel as if we are living in a problem-free world and that every story ends with a happy ending.
13. The Thankful Darlings: Tweeples who focus many of their tweets and retweets around giving love and spreading smiles and thank you’s to their followers.
12. The Conversationalists: These tweeples will ask questions regarding different topics of interest to them, and to others, and based on the retweets they get, they will start valuable discussions with their followers.
11. The Wage-Earners: I think this category embraces a large number of Twitter users since it encompasses those employees who work as social media agents tweeting and retweeting about their company, service or brand while trying hard not to seem intrusive.
10. The Humble Artists: Tweeples who have certain talents they are trying to promote through Twitter. Most of these tweeples put an effort to meeting new people and tweeting and retweeting different valuable content to them while spreading their talent.
9. The Friends with Benefits: Those users who could be confused as friends more than others yet they demand being retweeted in return for their “friendship”.
8. The Seductors: Mainly female tweeples who use their looks and minimum body coverage to attract more followers.
7. The Music Lovers: Mostly those tweeples who mainly tweet what song they are listening to and link to it without talking about anything else.
6. The Experts: Tweeples who make it a point to mention that they are experts in one thing or another through their biography and their tweets as well.
5. The Thoughtless Linkers: These are the Twitter users who spread numerous links which do not add value to their followers and even more cause others to unfollow them.
4. The Automators: Tweeples who use automated everything such as direct messages and tweets which in turn makes them less sincere and quite annoying.
3. The Ramblers: Those tweeples who make sure to answer the “what are you doing?” question (which we don’t always want to know the real answer to) precisely by tweeting things such as: “Taking a shower,” or “Drinking coffee” and so on.
2. The Stars: Every tweeple who has thousands of followers to following ratio and probably hire a PR agency to take care of their tweets and rare retweets. I’m sure they barely remember a maximum number of 10 of their followers’ names or the messages they supposedly send to them!
1. The Just Promoters (the most annoying Twitter users!): Those users who don’t understand that although we want to know about your new products and services, we don’t want your every tweet to be about them!
Now that we have divided Twitter users into categories, can you think of any categories I missed? Which category would you include yourself in? And which do you find to be the most annoying of all?