Jon Rettinger (@Jon4Lakers) is a big influencer when it comes to shopping for tech gadgets in general and phones in particular. He reaches a wide audience mainly through his YouTube channel (53,072 subscribers, 1,460,696 channel views) where he provides up-to-date video reviews.
Now that Motorola have rolled out their Droid phone which is meant to go head to head and compete with Apple’s iPhone 3GS, everyone seem to be curious to know more about the new Motorola phone and form an idea of whether the phone is good enough or not. Thanks to Jon Rettinger, a decision of purchase becomes easier after watching his video review comparing the two phones.
In his review, Jon compares the two phones from different aspects, following is a simple summary of the main points, and below it you can watch the full review:
- Browser Speed – Wi Fi: Droid loads web pages faster
- Browser Speed – 3G: iPhone loads web pages faster thanks to AT&T.
- Multi-touch Capabilities: iPhone makes life easier with its multi-touch gestures, unfortunately Droid lacks in this area.
- Text Entry: Text entry is done only one way on the iPhone through the virtual keyboard. Motorola Droid offers both a virtual keyboard and a full slide out qwerty keyboard.
- Customization: The iPhone is known for being closed-source and not offering many of customization, while Droid offers high-level and more freedom for customization.
- Maps: Droid’s – thanks to Android 2.0 – offers free turn by turn instructions.
- Apps: There are more apps in Apple App store, but more free Apps for Droid.
Motorola Droid VS iPhone 3GS
So, are things clearer to you after watching the review? Which do you think is better? Are you going to buy Motorola Droid or iPhone 3GS, or neither? Let us know your thoughts.