“Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.” Phil Dinahue
Not to seem as if I am taking this issue lightly, allow me to explain that the way I see it, there are different types of suicides: the tragedy of taking one’s own life, the curse of business suicide, your average social suicide and so on.
This post is a humorous way of addressing one side of social media suicide: Twitter suicide!
During our last team’s brainstorming session, while discussing different social media related issues, and Twitter related experiences and annoyances, it occurred to me: What are the things that Twitter users could do and be considered as committing Twitter suicide?
This is what my imagination could muster…
Top 10 Ways to Commit Twitter Suicide!
- Beg to be Unfollowed: Ask, or even beg, people to unfollow you in form of direct messages or public tweets.
- Make Threats: Threaten people’s lives or safety. For example, add a name of a follower and tweet: “I am coming to kill you, be very scared!”
- Resort to Spam: Send mass meaningless messages.
- Taint Your Avatar: Choose a gruesome, revolting picture for your avatar.
- Be Dark: Tweet about your love for death and the extinction of human kind.
- Confuse & Puzzle: Switch your gender every now and then!
- Educate about Crime: Give instructions for murders, claiming they are based on personal experiences.
- Be Biased: Address political issues in a racist, unstudied manner.
- Be a Creep (Insensitive & Careless): Make jokes about diseases and humanitarian issues and cases.
- Pretend to be a Psycho: Post tweets about inappropriate acts you have committed or dream of committing!
On a more serious note…
I hope you’ve enjoyed this light and funny post, yet, on a more serious side, if you’re looking for real Twitter related tips to enhance better engagement and more efficient use, I encourage you to take a look at the following posts:
- Top 10 Tips to Avoid Getting Blocked on Twitter…
- What Does Your Twitter Avatar & Background Say About YOU?
- Username: @xadultfinder – Action: Unfollow! More Twitter Tips…
- How to Best Promote Your Brand Using Social Media
- How To: 5 Top Methods & Applications to Reduce Twitter Spam!
Finally, I’d like to ask you a couple of questions: What do you think is the worst act you have committed on Twitter? And what fellow Twitter user actions annoy you?
Looking forward to read your comments below :)