Thousands of women tend to strut around carrying the heavy burden of being influenced by media and commercials whether they like it or not. The bar of real beauty has been shifted and the price to pay for staying “beautiful” has been raised!
Therefore, and through combined marketing methods and in efforts to help in elevating the pressure females, of all ages, backgrounds and ethnicity suffer from, Dove was able to come up with a project concept dedicated to “real beauty”: Dove Self-Esteem Campaign/Fund.
Idea & Objectives:
The Dove Self-Esteem Fund has created tools, downloads and even a guidebook to start the conversation between mothers and their daughters as well in efforts to help mothers guide their daughters to appreciate her own unique beauty.
“This Dove Campaign is designed to empower participants and create new ways to view beauty, body image and self esteem. It’s such a valid concept, especially in today’s society that preaches that thin and airbrushed is the true mark of beauty“.
Moreover, Dove is currently conducting workshops to further promote the idea of “being yourself” to younger girls.
“I promise I will not try to be any of the girls I see on magazine covers,” a young girl assured after attending one of the workshops.
Due to the fact that this campaign has been going on for a while now and is still in progress, it was quite difficult to obtain accurate results about the overall stat changes for Dove’s Self-Esteem Campaign so far. However, I can surely say that the buzz is high and the idea is still being spread and loved!
Take Youtube for example: One of the Dove campaign related videos – Dove Evolution – has more than 10 millions views!
Twitter too is buzzing with praises and links for Dove’s campaign!
Facebook fans are constantly growing, by the day, with a current number of more than 60 thousand fans!
As for Dove’s current rank on Alexa, it has had a create jump in rank since the beginning of 2010, and now ranks about 3,000 in the US and about 25,000 worldwide.
Opinion & Lessons Learned:
I think, in this special case, everyone will agree with me that this campaign simply ROCKS! I mean although the main goal must be generating more sales through enhancing brand image, the execution makes Dove seem so true, sincere and even real about their concern with females and their overall well-being!
So what are the lessons you could learn from this campaign? Well, here they are:
- Customers like to feel “loved” or at least “appreciated” by the brand they intend to purchase from. By building trust with those customers, you are obtaining loyal customers who will stay with you as long as you show you care, as a brand of course.
- Creating activities for both parents and their children could be highly effective since it promotes family concepts indirectly and encourages more family building activities.
- Displaying real life testimonies of satisfied customers has the ability to attract potential customers.
- Combining an effective chain of online social media tools and channels sometimes can help spread your campaign to concerned targeted audience thus draw more attention to your brand.
- Adding an offline component to your campaign, such as Dove’s workshops, really stimulates interaction and has the ability to result in more positive reactions and outcomes.
Well, those are my two scents about this well-planned campaign. I hope you will enjoy it and learn from it as much as I did.
Finally, I would like to ask you the following questions: Did you come across this campaign before now? Would you participate in it? What would be your overall rating of the tools and channels used?
Looking forward to your feedback down below :)