When I first read this: “TeamViewer connects to any PC or server around the world within a few seconds. You can remote control your partner’s PC as if you were sitting right in front of it“, the first and only trigger words that popped in my mind was: Social media – managing team members and staff!
However, after some research I found that, yes, there are others like there!
Popular Remote Desktop Apps:
- Microsoft’s proprietary Windows - Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
- Open source VNC - RealVNC & TightVNC
- Web-based remote desktop - gotomypc.com
- Chat apps - Skype & MSN.
What do they do?
Mostly available for both Windows and Mac users, remote desktop applications provide you with the following features and options, which can help you out in your social media teams:
- No Frills! Allowing you to remotely control any PC anywhere on the Internet with no installation required and just by running them on both sides and connecting – even through tight firewalls.
- Easy Sharing! Allowing you to present your desktop to a partner in addition to sharing live demos, products, and presentations over the Internet within seconds.
- No Setbacks! Allowing you to control unattended computers and servers. System service installations even allow remote reboot and reconnect.
Remote desktop apps & social media: A match made in heaven!
Here are some useful examples of how managers and teams could make use of these wonderful tool for social media interactions.
1. Fixing Posts:
One of the team members you are supervising has just finished writing a post to be published on the company’s blog later on that day. You go in to check and edit the post and find some problems with html coding. Using one of these applications, you have the option of remotely showing the post writer where he/she went wrong while demonstrating steps of fixes. Less time, less effort, viola!
2. Brainstorming Ideas:
Meetings, as I see them at least, are a waste of time and sometimes even a nuisance! Remote desktop applications help reduce the number of face-to-face meeting your social media team has to conduct! With just a few clicks, your team members and are connected to you in a realm where even comments on designs presentations and layouts could be made, adjusted and saved!
3. Ensuring Consistency:
Especially in the case where your social media team members have different access privileges to certain parts of your blog, website or applications, remote desktop applications can come in handy in case of emergency absenteeism, mistakes or even intentional damages. Since they gives you the option of remotely controlling a connected PC or Mac, these applications help gear you up for mishaps or surprises!
I’m loving them! Are you? Have you ever heard of these before? Are you now tempted to use them?
Looking forward to hearing your opinion about these tool and getting some insights about similar tools that our readers might benefit from :)