This might be a bit “last month” news, but nevertheless, it has some interesting numbers that we’d like to share with you. The Old Spice is certainly a milestone for brilliant social media advertising but do you kn0w how much of an impact it had on the brand? Folks at AdFreak compiled a brilliant video about the history and impact of the Old Spice campaign and it is a must watch.
Some Numbers [quoted]:
- The social media campaign was “the fastest-growing and most popular interactive campaign in history.”
- More people watched the Old Spice video in the first 24 hours than those who watched Obama’s presidential victory speech.
- Total video views reached 40 million in a week.
- Campaign impressions: 1.4 billion.
- Old Spice Sales Went up 107 percent in July 2010.
Whichever way you look it the campaign was a stellar success. Share your thoughts with us in the comment section.