Do you want a chance to win a $10,000 iTunes Gift Card from Apple? Only about 2.5 years after the launch of the Apple App Store, Apple is about to celebrate the 10 billionth app download!
Idea & Objectives:
Similar to what they did when the iTunes Store reached 10 billion downloads, Apple is celebrating by giving away a $10,000 iTunes Gift Card to the lucky person who downloads the 10 billionth app.
Blogs and bloggers have been buzzing with the news for days now. Just do a small Google search and you will find pages of story-related content!
At App Store’s Facebook fan page, you will also find hundreds of likes and comments especially for the news about this campaign.
And of course, Twitter, too, is buzzing with the countdown!
Opinion & Lessons Learned:
I like this campaign for 2 main reasons:
- Apple didn’t have to work hard to attract its audience’s attention.
- It is not really called a campaign yet constitutes all the necessary elements for a campaign’s success!
This is what I call brilliant online marketing!
So, what can we learn from Apple today?
- A campaign does not need to be called a campaign in order for it to be successful. You can launch an effective and appealing message through the internet using social media channels and just let people spread it out for you!
- Prizes are a great way to make sure your message is spread. However, you have to always make sure that the prize you are offering is something that your audience really wants.
- Big companies can offer more, thus can get more exposure more easily. Not all companies can offer a $ 10,000 prize. However, keep in mind that there are other prizes that your audience might be interested in.
Finally, I would like to ask you a few questions: Did you hear of this “campaign”? Would you consider switching to Apple because of it? How do you think it could have been improved?
Looking forward to your comments and feedback down below…